Although in English we have one basic term for love, there’s really all different kinds of love: brotherly love, selfless love, erotic love, and all make some kind of appearance in the Harry Potter novels. In this week’s show, we take a look at love in Harry Potter and how the various relationships are expressed, and what the nature of those loves might be. Are all loves good? Can love in fact be bad?
Plus: the Top 5 tear-jerker moments from Deathly Hallows. Vote for yours below.
Also: HPProgs is a finalist in the category of Best Podcast in the 2007 Weblog Awards! Thanks for all your nomination votes! Voting for the final winner begins next week, you can vote once a day. We’ll post a link when the voting begins, we appreciate your help!
UPDATE: Voting is up, you can vote for us once a day!
In the news:
- JK Rowling clarified the timing of her announcement of Dumbledore’s sexuality and stated that she always knew that he was gay.
- David Thewlis thought HIS character was gay.
- Filming as started for HBP and pictures are online.Check out Michael Gambon’s beard sock.
- Rare first edition of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone sold at Christie’s for £19,700.
- Guillermo Del Toro would be willing to direct HP and the Deathly Hallows: on his own terms.
- The Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix DVD has been released in some Latin American countries.
- JK Rowling on “Living Geniuses” list. If you look closely enough, you will see where Greg penciled his name on the list.
- The French and German versions of HP and the Deathly Hallows were released last week with record sales.
- JK Rowling has updated her website.
- JK Rowling and Warner Brothers are suing Stever Vander Ark over a Harry Potter companion book set to be released at the end of the month.
This week’s poll:
You can listen to the podcast using the player below, or download it directly as an mp3.